{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  FAQ  Search  RegisterRegister  Memberlist  Usergroups  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

Share | 

{ACR} Henry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: {ACR} Henry   Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:14 pm

skythe, pie, kilo, and peebrain can vouch for this. a DRU clan member (didnt catch the name) joined a game just now (5:12 PM central) and claimed that he was {ACR} Henry. he wanted to know if he was in the clan or not because the member who tested him, BLOOD, left. i told him that he was in the clan if he never left in the first place, i hope that this is right. he said he cant make a forum account because of his parents, so if you see him on the servers, here's a heads up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(^TwinBladE^)
Private 2
Private 2

PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Henry is acr i played with him kilo and chew who called me noob all time and retard so i needed mute him and thats why mem and stuff called it was abuse .. but i didnt want to kick him so i muted.
I kept pwning him sometime and he me and then he started call me noob and retard and did it whole game until i muted and unmuted sometim but didnt stop.

but i think henry is evoker am i rite?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 am

Okay guys, I see there's some confusion about names.

Names? They're useless for identification. Anyone can be a "little aliasing son of a biscuit", as some player once put it. The server protection against aliasing?? Laughable! If a player's name is "^1Snugg" and another player desires to alias that person, he could simply duplicate the "^1" (as such "^1^1Snugg") thereby fooling the server protection into thinking it's a wholly different name.

If you really want to help in identifying a player, use !listplayers and take note of the GUID and of the IP.

The GUID is a 32-bit hexadecimal (wikipedia:hexadecimal) number generally formatted as "(*1A2B3C4D)". It is created upon the registration to a server (with the !register command), and it represents a tool for managing users within Quake-based servers. It is intended to replace IP addresses as a means of identifying users. If the player hasn't registered, the GUID will show up as (*XXXXXXXX). The GUID of a Tremulous install is always kept in the "qkey" file.

The IP address is a 32-bit number split into four 8-bit unsigned integers separated by periods. The IP address (wikipedia:ip address) is generally formatted as "208.77.188.166".

So next time you want to report a player, please take note of the GUID and IP address.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:06 pm

on the topic of aliases, i think bug should add "No aliasing" to the Code of Admin thread (bug you may know all the aliases but not everybody else does; i weekly see several ACR members whom i have never heard of, a good majority of them say "oH hi im this guy you already know", and its downright annoying).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   

Back to top Go down

{ACR} Henry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1