{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

{ACR} Henry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

{ACR} Henry 23818192

{ACR} Henry Empty
PostSubject: {ACR} Henry   {ACR} Henry Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:14 pm

skythe, pie, kilo, and peebrain can vouch for this. a DRU clan member (didnt catch the name) joined a game just now (5:12 PM central) and claimed that he was {ACR} Henry. he wanted to know if he was in the clan or not because the member who tested him, BLOOD, left. i told him that he was in the clan if he never left in the first place, i hope that this is right. he said he cant make a forum account because of his parents, so if you see him on the servers, here's a heads up.
Back to top Go down
(^TwinBladE^)
Private 2
Private 2

{ACR} Henry Empty
PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   {ACR} Henry Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Henry is acr i played with him kilo and chew who called me noob all time and retard so i needed mute him and thats why mem and stuff called it was abuse .. but i didnt want to kick him so i muted.
I kept pwning him sometime and he me and then he started call me noob and retard and did it whole game until i muted and unmuted sometim but didnt stop.

but i think henry is evoker am i rite?
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

{ACR} Henry 23818192
{ACR} Henry Empty
PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   {ACR} Henry Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 am

Okay guys, I see there's some confusion about names.

Names? They're useless for identification. Anyone can be a "little aliasing son of a biscuit", as some player once put it. The server protection against aliasing?? Laughable! If a player's name is "^1Snugg" and another player desires to alias that person, he could simply duplicate the "^1" (as such "^1^1Snugg") thereby fooling the server protection into thinking it's a wholly different name.

If you really want to help in identifying a player, use !listplayers and take note of the GUID and of the IP.

The GUID is a 32-bit hexadecimal (wikipedia:hexadecimal) number generally formatted as "(*1A2B3C4D)". It is created upon the registration to a server (with the !register command), and it represents a tool for managing users within Quake-based servers. It is intended to replace IP addresses as a means of identifying users. If the player hasn't registered, the GUID will show up as (*XXXXXXXX). The GUID of a Tremulous install is always kept in the "qkey" file.

The IP address is a 32-bit number split into four 8-bit unsigned integers separated by periods. The IP address (wikipedia:ip address) is generally formatted as "208.77.188.166".

So next time you want to report a player, please take note of the GUID and IP address.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

{ACR} Henry 23818192

{ACR} Henry Empty
PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   {ACR} Henry Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:06 pm

on the topic of aliases, i think bug should add "No aliasing" to the Code of Admin thread (bug you may know all the aliases but not everybody else does; i weekly see several ACR members whom i have never heard of, a good majority of them say "oH hi im this guy you already know", and its downright annoying).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

{ACR} Henry Empty
PostSubject: Re: {ACR} Henry   {ACR} Henry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{ACR} Henry
Page 1 of 1