{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

Luci Spam should be considered

Go down 
+10
{ACR}FireFox
Dr.Mario.
Pip
:Lad
vyrus@ubuntu
kiki
Atlantis
null
Iridescent Blade
-theMbaude
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

Luci Spam should be considered 125be

Luci Spam should be considered Empty
PostSubject: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 am

Ok so I was playing on Transit today as aliens. We had 3 players, they had 5. Both teams are building. But then out of nowhere, all 5 come up with lucis, everysingle one of them. They completly naded are base, lucied every possible space there was, and then went saying ''GG, you got PWNED'' and crap like that. I said back to them ''you just made a, what could have been a good game, to a game of shit'' And they went on to saying ''I don't see 'No Luci Spam' in the rules!''

This is really ticking me off, so can we please make a rule for it. It makes games crappy, and there is no fun out of it, its just a mad slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Iridescent Blade
Sergeant
Sergeant
Iridescent Blade

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:54 am

I understand how frustrating that is, but in my opinion they made a fair rush. All of them had to save up to get lucis and had to organize the rush. Spamming, in my definition, is shooting luci shots at nothing in particular in the hopes that a Tyrant (or somee other alien) will run around the corner into them. They were clearly shooting at a target (your base). Of course, it is never nice to rub it in in the fashion that they did, but theres not much that can be done about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tagamespage.webs.com
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Luci Spam should be considered 23818192

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:32 pm

yeah..... mbaud theres a difference between spam and rushing. clearly they rushed and you werent prepared or couldnt defend. also, i have noticed that the spam on unlimited is not as bad as it used to be, atleast in the last few days i have been playing. i run down a hallway and there arent atleast 8 luci balls flying towards me.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Luci Spam should be considered 87495687

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

I rather have 8 come at me then have 2-3 fully charged shots that cant be dodged come at me.
Back to top Go down
kiki
Private 2
Private 2
kiki

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:34 pm

And luci spam is not worst than rantwhore...

When I see all aliens use rant and whine because humans luci spam, I just want help humans to spam a bit more...

(I dont say that for you mbaud, just there is some imba in both teams).
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 pm

the thing is, there arent many people who are good rantwhores, but spamming takes no skill at all so there are more spammers than rantwhores.
Back to top Go down
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 pm

they were just shooting randomly! Like i saw a guy Goatee shoot the walls for no reason. Out of them, only ONE was actually aiming.
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:18 pm

welll nothing can be said for skill, and on that line, i think that it is not so much them charging with the lucis that makes it so bad as the luci mod we have on unlimited. Im not afraid to say i dont like it at all. its really cool, but it takes the balance out of everything, no matter how nice a base aliens build, it can just be killed in a matter of seconds by any noob with a luci cannon,

what i would suggest is not to take OFF the mod ( because i know a lot of people like it, and it is kindof kewl ) but to lessen the effects, so its not so easy to go chase ppl with luci balls
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyrus.zzl.org/
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:15 pm

seb0910 wrote:
the thing is, there arent many people who are good rantwhores, but spamming takes no skill at all so there are more spammers than rantwhores.
Actually spamming the luci now does take some skill. To have to aim and curve and dodge at the same time is much more difficult than normal. To have to worry about where your mouse goes while your dodging almost becomes pure luck. A rantwhore is just to easy to do for everyone, it is much more simple to do especially since most of them work in groups. Trying to kill 4 rantwhores by yourself or even with a 2nd guy helping is impossible and to get one is lucky as it is. To even get a 2nd one would be a once in a life time.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:16 pm

lad in a hall you don't have to aim luci but then that hall is blocked off from any attack.
Back to top Go down
Pip
Private 2
Private 2
Pip

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Maybe if tyrant and luci weren't allowed in the first 5-10 minutes of game it would lessen the spamming and whoring and allow both teams to build a good base before confronting each other. I also think that luci spamming should be defined as 4+ charged shots or 10+ secondary shots in the air at one time (separately, no combination of 3 charged + 9 secondary).

Back to top Go down
Dr.Mario.
Private 2
Private 2
Dr.Mario.

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:15 pm

{ACRit}Pip wrote:
Maybe if tyrant and luci weren't allowed in the first 5-10 minutes of game it would lessen the spamming and whoring and allow both teams to build a good base before confronting each other. I also think that luci spamming should be defined as 4+ charged shots or 10+ secondary shots in the air at one time (separately, no combination of 3 charged + 9 secondary).

not many ppl that plays on our servers just to play and have fun read the rules.... i see no need for any more rules this case is just an organized rush.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

:Lad wrote:
seb0910 wrote:
Actually spamming the luci now does take some skill. To have to aim and curve and dodge at the same time is much more difficult than normal. To have to worry about where your mouse goes while your dodging almost becomes pure luck. A rantwhore is just to easy to do for everyone, it is much more simple to do especially since most of them work in groups. Trying to kill 4 rantwhores by yourself or even with a 2nd guy helping is impossible and to get one is lucky as it is. To even get a 2nd one would be a once in a life time.

it's easy to kill rantwhores. You just gotta get creds first then chainsuit them. It's even easier with a partner, and 75% of the time there's someone competent enough on unlimited to help with rantswhores. Of course I've never had to deal with FOUR, usually there's two at the most, but even with four, a little lucispam should help deter them enough to get a clean kill (yes I am condoning spam it's useful against rantWHORES but annoying in normal situations).
Back to top Go down
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 pm

There is alot of ups and downs with this rule. But I think we should change it a little. I mean, in ACTS, if you are a luci and you shoot lets say..6 balls, you can basically command them to go with you, so its basically impossible to kill the luci guy. It is very anoying for the aliens... So what I propose is this: Sence the humans get a great advantage with the luci balls, can we give something to the aliens? Like unlimited snipe for adv goons, or longer rant reach, or even 2 evos for each kill instead of one? Something to compinsate the advantage to the luci balls
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm

idk we cant do unlim goon snipes but longer rant reach hmmm maybe but the more evos thing is a idea.
Back to top Go down
{ACR}FireFox
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
{ACR}FireFox

Location : Some where in a remote valley deep in the Amazon rain forest.

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm

vyrus@ubuntu wrote:
welll nothing can be said for skill, and on that line, i think that it is not so much them charging with the lucis that makes it so bad as the luci mod we have on unlimited. Im not afraid to say i dont like it at all. its really cool, but it takes the balance out of everything, no matter how nice a base aliens build, it can just be killed in a matter of seconds by any noob with a luci cannon,

what i would suggest is not to take OFF the mod ( because i know a lot of people like it, and it is kindof kewl ) but to lessen the effects, so its not so easy to go chase ppl with luci balls
I COMPLEATLY agree with you! I think we shoud call a poll to repeal the curving luci mod.
Back to top Go down
Iridescent Blade
Sergeant
Sergeant
Iridescent Blade

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:14 am

I think we shoud take out the curving too, but I think we should keep the auto-fire when the charge is full.l
Back to top Go down
http://www.tagamespage.webs.com
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:07 am

Well the only thing is that when YOU have the luci, it's really fun just to make luci balls and just walk around killing anything. So instead of taking that away (because i know when im using it i love it) to give the aliens something that match up to it. I already gave some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 am

vyrus@ubuntu wrote:

{ACR}FireFox wrote:
I COMPLEATLY agree with you! I think we shoud call a poll to repeal the curving luci mod.

you cant completely agree cause what you just agreed to is a contradiction. he said don't remove the mod and you said do remove the mod.
Back to top Go down
Kramed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:15 am

just make it like you can send it the first few meters (or w/e thing they use in trem) So the ball goes like left instead of straight.. Now its just you can send it left then right then straight or somting..
Back to top Go down
http://www.admincrazyrioters.com
{ACR}FireFox
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
{ACR}FireFox

Location : Some where in a remote valley deep in the Amazon rain forest.

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Atlantis wrote:
vyrus@ubuntu wrote:

{ACR}FireFox wrote:

you cant completely agree cause what you just agreed to is a contradiction. he said don't remove the mod and you said do remove the mod.

Meh
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Kramed wrote:
just make it like you can send it the first few meters (or w/e thing they use in trem) So the ball goes like left instead of straight.. Now its just you can send it left then right then straight or somting..

did anyone understand that?
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm

nope,
i think what he meant was to stop the luci control several seconds after the ball has been fired
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyrus.zzl.org/
ßleh
Private 2
Private 2
ßleh

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:05 am

TL;DR version at bottom.

Don't take away the Luci mod. One of the things that makes this server unique.

The real problem here is Rant-whoring and spamming.

Think about it. All of this stuff is done in REAL games, not just UBP servers, not just our server. If someone gets 18 kills as a rant and dies, what do you think they'll evolve into next?

a. Basilisk
b. Tyrant

It's just common sense to do what gives you credits/evos again.

So, how do you fix it?

The answer: You don't. There's no way of fixing those things once both teams reach stage 3. For ACR Unlimited, though, you start at Stage 3, which means the Rant-Whoring and Luci-Spamming become used faster.

If you think about it, for people who play the game, at least they EARN the evos/credits. Like, you have to spend time building, or have to have actual skill (98% of the time) when killing someone. You can't get evos/credits for going afk >.>

So, I think you're all trying to say this.

It's bad to use what you've been given.

Bleh.

TL;DR version:

Luci mod is fine, problems can't be fixed. For more info visit and read www.teachmehowtoread.com
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:18 am

ßleh wrote:
You can't get evos/credits for going afk >.>

Uhhhh... you can get evos for going AFK, you get one every minute and a half.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luci Spam should be considered   Luci Spam should be considered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luci Spam should be considered
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next