{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

New serv poll: server type/quirk

Go down 
+3
(^TwinBladE^)
Dr.Mario.
{ACRit}NewCreation
7 posters

I'm probably launching a new ACR server. What should it be like?
A normal Tremulous server. No quirks.
New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_lcap29%New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Some kind of modded server (post which mod below).
New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_lcap12%New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Layouts. But only decent layouts, no dumb ones.
New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_lcap24%New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Tremulous 1.2 Beta...the full 1.2 is going to launch soon anyway...
New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_lcap6%New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
A modified game style. Blitz-round-based KotH or something similar (post idea below).
New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_lcap24%New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Something totally not listed here (post idea below).
New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_lcap5%New serv poll: server type/quirk Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
{ACRit}NewCreation
Private 2
Private 2
{ACRit}NewCreation

New serv poll: server type/quirk Empty
PostSubject: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 am

Sup all.

As you might have noticed, we're thinking about me putting up an ACR server here. Of course it won't be unlimited. But how about some discussion as to what it should be like. Vote in the poll above...if you think something not there would be cool, pick the last choice and post your idea as a reply.

Also, suggestions plz, what should it be called?

Peace
~newCreation
Back to top Go down
Dr.Mario.
Private 2
Private 2
Dr.Mario.

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:47 pm

I voted for both a layout server and a normal server so that way it is normal everything with different layouts
Back to top Go down
(^TwinBladE^)
Private 2
Private 2

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:28 pm

I suggest , that ACR should have just fully normal server with regular settings , nothing more.

ACR haves Unlimited server & 1 ''normal'' server , which u guys use for scrims etc.

So yeah norm server would be awesome
Back to top Go down
doublehex
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

New serv poll: server type/quirk 23818192

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:30 pm

admin crazy rioters is normal... theres nothing edited on it to change any of the stats, just a few new commands...
Back to top Go down
{ACRit}NewCreation
Private 2
Private 2
{ACRit}NewCreation

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Quote :
admin crazy rioters is normal...

Exactly. That's why I was thinking layouts.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 pm

I think you should do one with exotic maps, but only if the autodownload speed is low (it's rather high on unlimited). Also, how would you do KotH or CTF do you have mods like that?
Back to top Go down
{ACRit}NewCreation
Private 2
Private 2
{ACRit}NewCreation

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:47 pm

seb0910 wrote:
Also, how would you do KotH or CTF do you have mods like that?

No, I don't have a KotH mod, and that doesn't make much sense in Tremulous; it just doesn't work with the humans vs. aliens, and doesn't work with the maps.

However, I have played with the idea of having brief blitz rounds of "King of the Hill." Let me explain. The rounds are short, maybe 5 minutes, with sudden death at 2 minutes. The humans have a central base (i.e. ATCS top or something). Perhaps both teams start at stage 3 or with credits; perhaps not. The teams are 2 or 3 people. If the humans win, they continue as humans to fight against another team of aliens. If the aliens win, they become the humans to fight those aliens.

This would be a record-setting game, with the current record holders (i.e. most human victories) displayed on the Message of the Day screen (loading screen). It wouldn't be constant; maybe only on Sundays or something like that.

It might be a long shot, but I've been thinking for a while that it might be a cool try.

Anybody like the idea? This wouldn't require people to download a mod. I'd love Capture the Flag, but that would require a mod download and so most visitors would abort (or would have auto-download off).

Last edited by {ACRit}NewCreation on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{ACRit}NewCreation
Private 2
Private 2
{ACRit}NewCreation

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 pm

seb0910 wrote:
I think you should do one with exotic maps, but only if the autodownload speed is low (it's rather high on unlimited).

For exotic maps, we could just point the downloads right to a site like mercenariesguild.net. That would give a pretty fast download. But, still, most players don't download maps they don't have; they'd rather play then wait a minute or so.

This is a problem, cause there are lots of great maps that servers won't put up because they are afraid of losing visitors. Plus, newbies often leave auto-download off and will never fix that. But the problem can only be fixed by more servers putting up these maps.
Back to top Go down
doublehex
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:26 pm

i can make a mod thats small, like maybe 10 second download, but on our servers for some reason it doesnt like http downloads so its alot slower... which is why i havent put my mods on the server
Back to top Go down
chinchilla
Private 2
Private 2
chinchilla

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:44 am

i think layout but i would want to be able to save layouts and load layouts.
Back to top Go down
chinchilla
Private 2
Private 2
chinchilla

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:46 am

{ACRit}NewCreation wrote:
seb0910 wrote:
Also, how would you do KotH or CTF do you have mods like that?

No, I don't have a KotH mod, and that doesn't make much sense in Tremulous; it just doesn't work with the humans vs. aliens, and doesn't work with the maps.

However, I have played with the idea of having brief blitz rounds of "King of the Hill." Let me explain. The rounds are short, maybe 5 minutes, with sudden death at 2 minutes. The humans have a central base (i.e. ATCS top or something). Perhaps both teams start at stage 3 or with credits; perhaps not. The teams are 2 or 3 people. If the humans win, they continue as humans to fight against another team of aliens. If the aliens win, they become the humans to fight those aliens.

This would be a record-setting game, with the current record holders (i.e. most human victories) displayed on the Message of the Day screen (loading screen). It wouldn't be constant; maybe only on Sundays or something like that.

It might be a long shot, but I've been thinking for a while that it might be a cool try.

Anybody like the idea? This wouldn't require people to download a mod. I'd love Capture the Flag, but that would require a mod download and so most visitors would abort (or would have auto-download off).
capture hte flag sounds realy cool but that would be starnge unless u made un destrutable arm /medi egg /booster /telenode overmind/rc(just all the building that cant hurt ppl)(thougth u can hav rc and om
Back to top Go down
Dr.Mario.
Private 2
Private 2
Dr.Mario.

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:17 am

newcreation wrote:
This is a problem, cause there are lots of great maps that servers won't put up because they are afraid of losing visitors. Plus, newbies often leave auto-download off and will never fix that. But the problem can only be fixed by more servers putting up these maps.

is it really such a bad thing that newbies arn't going on server?
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 pm

lol double and i kinda made some plans for it lol. I was ganna wait till u were on creation so we could consult it with u.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
{ACRit}NewCreation
Private 2
Private 2
{ACRit}NewCreation

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:39 pm

I've been on a bit recently, but never seem to be when you are, bug. Sorry I wasn't on Friday or Saturday night...stuff with Ukraine, actually, that almost ended up with me returning ASAP. But that worked out. And then this night it was because of things with a certain girl Smile so ya sorry bout that you should see me on soon.
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:20 am

i made a post saying i went away...Im back now.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New serv poll: server type/quirk   New serv poll: server type/quirk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New serv poll: server type/quirk
Page 1 of 1