{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

Thought I Should Let You Know

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

Thought I Should Let You Know Empty
PostSubject: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:06 pm

This Is From My Server Host:

Hello. You are receiving this email because you have game server services located on server7.noghost.net located in New York. This email is notification that there is a maintenance window coming up that you should be aware of.

On Sunday, September 13, 2009, a maintenance window will begin at 20:00 and occur for the next 4 hours wherein server7.noghost.net will be given completely new hardware. The total downtime should not exceed 1 hour and no changes are going to be made to any files or configurations on the server. All files, IP addresses, game server settings, and configs will be migrated to the new hardware. The new hardware boasts a faster processor at 2.66GHz, 8GB of memory, 64bit operating system, and a gigabit network interface. As with all my servers it comes standard with redundant RAIDed drives and backup network interfaces.

This email is just a notification of the maintenance window and no action is required on your behalf. If you have any questions, concerns or comments please let me know and I'll be happy to address them. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Thought I Should Let You Know 87495687

PostSubject: Re: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 pm

8 gigs of memory and a 64bit system?! wow but 2.66ghz isn't top of the line. although a multi core processor would be nice
Back to top Go down
doublehex
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

Thought I Should Let You Know 23818192

PostSubject: Re: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm

hell for hosting a trem server it will work just fine
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm

for trem ya but if it had other plans that require more calculations at higher rates then you need the other processor
Back to top Go down
chinchilla
Private 2
Private 2
chinchilla

PostSubject: Re: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm

roflamo your own computer also matters in the preofmance

idk how that sounded
but im trying to say: if ur comp sucks the best server wont make it go fast
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:17 pm

servers do more then the computers that connect to them

your computer just has to render and transmit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I Should Let You Know   Thought I Should Let You Know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought I Should Let You Know
Page 1 of 1