{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

Hacking Forum Section?

Go down 
+6
linux26
:Lad
-theMbaude
vyrus@ubuntu
BugHuman
Alexis
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

Hacking Forum Section? Empty
PostSubject: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:39 pm

I was thinking perhaps creating a 'hacker section' in the forum could prove useful, we all know there are many cheaters on tremulous, quite a few get banned due to people making demos, but what about all the others that nobody finds? For example when no admin or member are in the server, there is nobody to ban. Many players do not bother making/posting demos as there is a fair chance they wont get viewed and they are generally a bit lazy to register and post.The main idea is for this forum to be used mostly by public non clan members who can post demos on hacks and eventually get such player banned. As far as i am aware there isnt anything like this on the forum so far...

In another game which uses q3 engine we had this method of catching cheaters out, many people in and out of the clan would come on and post resulting in a large chunk of players (who cheated) being banned.

So after somebody had posted a demo, we had a selected few clan members who could review and give a verdict, as well as other players who review and give there opinion also, we used this template to determine if such player was clean or filthy as sin.

--------

Player: Name of the player

Demofile: Name of the demofile analyzed

1st review - (\r_shownormals 0) (\timescale 1)
comments on review

2nd review - (\r_shownormals 1) (\timescale 1)

comments on review

3rd review - (\r_shownormals 1) (\timescale 0.3) (Although many times a third review was not needed)

comments on review

Cheats:
-
Wallhack:
-
Aimbot:
-
Radar:
-

Final opinion:
-

-------

Not sure if you guys know but you can slow demos down by using the '\timescale' command, makes it a lot easier to see the action unfold.
Im hoping you all know what '\r_shownormals 1' does also.

I believe this could help stamp out a lot of filthy players who are not being caught.

Hope this was not a long waste of pixels! Let me know what you think...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:00 pm

It's called Complaints.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

Hacking Forum Section? 87495687

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:12 pm

BugHuman wrote:
It's called Complaints.
XD

the only thing i could think of is giving the lvl 1\2\3's
!report [name] [abuse]

which would add an entry to a log file, and play back
to admins who can see it later

*shrugface*
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyrus.zzl.org/
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Complaints can be anything, im talking about a dedicated section just for hackers, would simplify posting demos a lot rather than having to search through a forum of complaints about random topics. Yeah hackers come under complaints but its not the same.

With a specific section for hackers you have a better chance of more people coming forward saying yeah this guy was cheating, if they know there is someone specifically suited for reviewing these demos, where as complaints can range from just about anything someone may dislike.

Hacking and bad behavior should be kept separate, would make things a lot easier and more efficient..

Im just suggesting what i know works better, my clan in urban terror had both complaints and hackers in sub sections, both fell under a section called Hard Talk.

It just helps to to keep things in order.

---

Also there is nothing on the server rules/announcements stating that people can upload demos here about cheaters..

Maybe you should think about adding next to the no hacking rule.. 'See a hacker? post the demo @ forumlinkhere'
Back to top Go down
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

Hacking Forum Section? 125be

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 pm

We have had this issue before... If any of you remember Hornet* lol. It would be cool to have a cmd like what vyrus said. Then that File is sent to, lets say an administrator, who will decide if its a legit hack or not. That can become a whole new branch of this clan. "The police." Idk, that would be really cool. If they think its a legit hack, they will !ban that player for # amount of years. Gotta think creativily people!

But Alexis Original idea is good.
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:12 pm

my idea was to write to like a log,
and when admins connect, the log will auto playback,
or if you don't like that, you could use a \ or ! cmd to
see all reported abuses
also you could have admin cmd to remove abuses as
well, to keep it up 2 date
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 pm

-theMbaude wrote:
We have had this issue before... If any of you remember Hornet* lol. It would be cool to have a cmd like what vyrus said. Then that File is sent to, lets say an administrator, who will decide if its a legit hack or not. That can become a whole new branch of this clan. "The police." Idk, that would be really cool. If they think its a legit hack, they will !ban that player for # amount of years. Gotta think creativily people!

He was full of shit.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Hacking Forum Section? 23818192

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 pm

not to mention had a fake person saying it was his partner who helped create it but was actually the same person.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:47 am

I think this is a somewhat good idea. Haxor analysis doesn't really go in Complaints, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited by linux26 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:49 am

what u think of my cmd system lin?
Back to top Go down
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

Hacking Forum Section? 125be

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:25 am

BugHuman wrote:
-theMbaude wrote:

He was full of shit.

He was quite amusing. But at the same time, I wasn't on the forums much during that time, so I am not to sure what happened....
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 am

roflmao. i think this is fine as it is under complaints. Unless it happens so often and undetected and is such a threat to normal server function that it overflows the complaint section. but we have a good team, so that wouldnt happen
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 am

If you haven't noticed quite a few people are cheating on your server, some sort of well known regular players who ill eventually catch.

Just because nobody catches them doesn't mean its not happening a lot.

Youve sort of got an option to either start trying to catch them more, or just continue like it is now with nobody barely posting, its all down to you guys but nobody will ever bother posting demos if they havent been told to.. thats why im suggesting adding to your rules on 'no hacks' add in somewhere 'spotted a cheater? report them @ forumlink'
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Alexis wrote:
Just because nobody catches them doesn't mean its not happening a lot.
Fair enough.

Alexis wrote:
'spotted a cheater? report them @ forumlink'
I doubt you'll get any reports that way. Most people (including me) admittedly can't tell whether someone is cheating, so the job of detecting haxx0rz is really just for an enlightened minority.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah i know the chances of having people actually bothering to register and then post/report hackers is slim, but in time more and more people will come forward with them. After all you have to start somewhere, its not gonna be an instant thing.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Alexis the chances of that happening are VERY slim. You have to understand that we are a 1.1 community we are part of a dieing animal. Everyone is going to 1.2.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Why do you not move forward then, times are changing, move along with them?

It seems your all saying youd rather not bother and let these cheaters get away with it, rather than taking a punt on something new? Your so quick to dismiss this but the problem it seems nobody wants to move forward..
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Atlantis wrote:
Everyone is going to 1.2.
Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Linux have you noticed how our community lost ALOT of people when 1.2 came out? Also no new plays are going to come to 1.1, 1.2 is the first link in the download section on tremulous.net
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Atlantis wrote:
Linux have you noticed how our community lost ALOT of people when 1.2 came out? Also no new plays are going to come to 1.1, 1.2 is the first link in the download section on tremulous.net
One word Tremfusion. Thread over.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:14 pm

you do realize the portion of the community that struggles to even turn on auto download right?
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Doesnt 1.2 need the original trem files to work? it said that when i tried to install it.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:32 pm

I went and checked out 1.2 and it totally {ACR} is cool up my 1.1 game.. however there are way less servers on 1.2 than 1.1, about 80% less and only 3 servers had more than 2 people in..

Not many at all, compares to 1.1 its nothing. Smile
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:03 pm

i tried it 1.2 has some flashy new things, but balance == bullshit

@@ the hacker issue

!report [ name ] [ abuse ]

Back to top Go down
Alexis
Private 2
Private 2
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, it seems this idea shall not be happening, thats ok. I would suggest using the review template when reviewing demos.. may not seem like its worth bothering with, but it does help with reviewing alot.. especially when using shownormals and timescale Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hacking Forum Section?   Hacking Forum Section? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hacking Forum Section?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next