{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

single player tremulous fangame

Go down 
+3
linux26
doublehex
HAVOK
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

single player tremulous fangame Empty
PostSubject: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 pm

hello, im new to the clan but i recently had an idea for a trem fan game, i can handle the design and programming myself but if anyone has any ideas id apreciate it, as of now ive come up with a basic story line but it required me t make some assumptions. for instance, i assumed that the war between aliens and humans has been going on for several centuries and my game takes place b4 and into the war. therefore, most human tech is similar but not quite as developed. ive made some basic concept sketches and will post them when i get a chance to scan them in.
Back to top Go down
doublehex
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

single player tremulous fangame 23818192

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:09 pm

that would be cool if you did make it fully single-player, i have played matches vs my bots (little devils rape me) as a sort of single player but it just isnt like a campaign. It would be very nice to play a campaign
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 pm

You might consider including an high-level language interpreter inside the QVM or replacing the QVM -- it would be too hard to write the entire game in C, just think about it.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:41 pm

You can model?

I think that any war between humans and trem aliens couldn't possibly last CENTURIES... however, it's ur game so ur call
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:11 pm

OK maybe i should have included some more info, its going to be 2d, top down shooter ( bear with me, im good with 2d design) and therefore no models required

and theoretically yes it could, considering that the multi player game just covers certain battles, the over all war could have been happening much longer
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:02 am

ive drawn both the rifle and blaster, im gonna move on to shotty, but since this game happens at the beggining of my supposed multi century war, i need to make it look more primitive, any ideas ? i was thinkins standard pump action but with a clip but any feedback would be greatly apreciated,

plus if i can find anyone with delphi-pascal experience, preferably someone with GML experience(form of delphi) who knows how to do rtificial intelligence rly good, i could use some help cuz i can only do so much in terms of AI
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 am

preeeetty sure shotguns don't have clips, you just load the shells. I suggest throwing in more bullet weapons and very few energy weapons, unless humans are not THAT primitive at the time. maybe a grenade launcher and some exploding aliens.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:42 am

HEINRICH wrote:
plus if i can find anyone with delphi-pascal experience, preferably someone with GML experience(form of delphi) who knows how to do rtificial intelligence rly good, i could use some help cuz i can only do so much in terms of AI
Oh I know Pascal.

Are you sure you don't want to include a real VM for more high-level things? Lots of them exist, such as Lua and Squirrel.
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:21 pm

i have no clue what that is and if u know pascal then u should be able to understand GML, let me give u example

{
if distance_to_object(player)<100 {move_towards_point(player.x,player.y,10)};
}

its a bit primitive i know, but its rly the only programming language i know, but i know it well and can do allot with it, i just have problems applying it to AI

one more thing, i made a prototype of player movement, would u prefer w,a,s,d, or left, right, up and down?
also u are correct, it happens sort of in between so thats y i was saying shotty could have clip, and some real shotguns do have clips btw such as the jackhammer riot gun
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:27 pm

HEINRICH wrote:
i have no clue what that is and if u know pascal then u should be able to understand GML, let me give u example

{
if distance_to_object(player)<100 {move_towards_point(player.x,player.y,10)};
}

its a bit primitive i know, but its rly the only programming language i know, but i know it well and can do allot with it, i just have problems applying it to AI

one more thing, i made a prototype of player movement, would u prefer w,a,s,d, or left, right, up and down?
also u are correct, it happens sort of in between so thats y i was saying shotty could have clip, and some real shotguns do have clips btw such as the jackhammer riot gun
Awww, you're making it with Game Maker. Not only it's based on DirectX, but it's closed source and proprietary.

How about making your own game ground-up using Flash and its various physics libraries available on Internet?
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Actually, the jackhammer has a removable magazine, much different than ammo clips
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:38 pm

I have registered game maker.... and i cant use any other language except game makers variant of Delphi
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 pm

LOl heinrich that code is so simple even I can understand it.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 pm

HEINRICH wrote:
I have registered game maker.... and i cant use any other language except game makers variant of Delphi
Yes, but... think outside the box!

Believe me, if you write it in Flash (ActionScript) it'll be useful to you and it will give your game a larger audience. Besides, there are existent ActionScript physics engines (such as APE).
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 pm

dude, it will take me 4 ever to learn flash, i would but its just to long and i don't have the patience to learn it right now, and i don't see y game maker isn't good enough, some games i design are on par if not better than some flash games ive seen. last time i tried to learn flash i could not find sufficient tutorials anyway, everything was just fragmented pieces i found on about.com it was so flipping aggravating LOL
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:35 am

HEINRICH wrote:
dude, it will take me 4 ever to learn flash, i would but its just to long and i don't have the patience to learn it right now, and i don't see y game maker isn't good enough, some games i design are on par if not better than some flash games ive seen. last time i tried to learn flash i could not find sufficient tutorials anyway, everything was just fragmented pieces i found on about.com it was so flipping aggravating LOL
Oh it's so much easier than with Pascal. If you know Java or JavaScript you'll be okay with it.

AND THERE'S NO LANGUAGE THAT TAKES FOUR YEARS TO LEARN. Make that clear to you.

If you already know programming, learning a new language and mastering it should take between a month or two.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:06 am

Quote :
AND THERE'S NO LANGUAGE THAT TAKES FOUR YEARS TO LEARN.

Tell that to the peope that made Realidades and their FIVE year spanish lessons (but four textbooks tho, go figure)
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 am

seb0910 wrote:
Quote :
AND THERE'S NO LANGUAGE THAT TAKES FOUR YEARS TO LEARN.

Tell that to the peope that made Realidades and their FIVE year spanish lessons (but four textbooks tho, go figure)
single player tremulous fangame Facepalm_UcFltydhYRi8
*facepalm*

I meant, a programming language.

Smile
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:33 am

i dont know java.. and it took me 4 ever to get proficient at game maker
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 am

hahaha, bald guy elephant
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

its captain picard from startrek next generation.....
Back to top Go down
doublehex
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:05 am

once you start learning one language, everything else falls into perfect place and makes tons of sense to you so learning goes waaaay faster.
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 pm

perhaps i will then, can u offer me any resources, i know some dark basic and python but to learn flash id need some solid stuff. thnx
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:04 pm

HEINRICH wrote:
its captain picard from startrek next generation.....

the fact that I didn't know that will help me sleep at night
Back to top Go down
HAVOK
Private 2
Private 2
HAVOK

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:05 pm

it shouldnt:P thats one of the coolest shows ever Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: single player tremulous fangame   single player tremulous fangame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

single player tremulous fangame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next