{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour

Go down 
+2
S>{ACR}Kramed
linux26
6 posters
AuthorMessage
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour 23818192
Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:28 am

Yesterday, as soon as I logged into the ACR Unlimited server, I saw a cheater, who was allegedly using an aimbot, get perma-banned by an ACR admin. This got me thinking about some of the implications of permanent banning:
  • The IP ban may block other users sharing the same ISP/internet connection -- this is even worse if the user got perma-banned while using his university's internet connection, as everyone in that university would be banned too.
  • The user might actually repent and stop cheating or having a disruptive behaviour. (Even though some say people never change.)
  • The administrator of the ban might be wrong - we're human, we all make mistakes.

Therefore, I believe we should eliminate permanent bans and replace them with 2-week or one-month bans. Two weeks are probably more-than-enough to teach the user a good lesson and make him forget any rancor he might have against the administrator who banned him, or the server itself. Of course, if the user maintains his old behaviour, longer bans might be appropriate.

Now, before laughing or posting a derisive comment, think for a minute and put yourself in someone else's shoes. You wouldn't like to get accidentally perma-banned, would you?

I'm asking you now: what do you think?

(Sorry if my minor edits pushed the thread back to top)

Last edited by linux26 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S>{ACR}Kramed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S>{ACR}Kramed

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Your Right linux!
Isnt Fair For My Brother if i get A perma ban on a server he likes to play in...
But if We think hes still hacking after 3 times of 2/4 weeks ban then he might can get a perma...
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:04 pm

People never learn, Linux.

If they get banned in one server, they will just go to another one.
It's that simple.
They won't beg for getting unbanned. They won't regret for what they've done.

And you, my friend, should stop caring 'bout 'em.

Lito
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:41 pm

what about people like huck who i am trying to ban....
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:52 pm

All right, do it.

I know I've told you not to, but I'm really sick of they all now.
Back to top Go down
golden
Private 2
Private 2

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:36 pm

are u sick of me???ziGiZ your best friend! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Poison(Killa)
Private 2
Private 2
Poison(Killa)

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:46 am

this is when ban by client is useful. for example, you probably know my annoying brother RyanZ? everyone wants to perm ban him but then i cant play on the server. now w/ client ban i dont find a problem (except when he threatens me to unban him or else he will turn off the internet).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ownagepranks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour   Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Permanent bans - Handling cheaters and people with disruptive behaviour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters :: Important Info :: News-
Jump to: