{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

New QVM Complaints

Go down 
+2
linux26
{ACR}Lito?>S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:45 am

There are a few things you should change 'bout it:

- Buildings are built way too fast.
- Devolve lets the user get infinite barbs (the thingies Adv. Goons shoot).
- Try devolving while wallwalking. Fix that.
- Tyrant wallwalking makes it effectively invincible.

And please...

- Return the !grab and !bubble commands. Those were pretty awesome.

Thanks!

Lito
Very Happy

P.D.: If the rumor is true, congrats to Doublehex for making this QVM.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

New QVM Complaints 23818192
New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Sorry I haven't been online for quite a while, had work to do.

Anyway, I saw that Bug added a new QVM to the server. Since I am a programmer myself, I thought I'd have a look at this.

I think I might have the solution for the never-ending stories of GUID problems, such as "if I put trem on my USB drive and move to another computer, the server will stop seeing my admin".

Another thing that I'd like to implement would be "planned-to-be" buildings. In other words, the builder can plant several "planned-to-be" buildings around, with no time restriction in-between. They DO NOT start growing or even appear until they get their turn. In order to "get their turn", a builder must necessarily be near them. If one builder is near them, they will grow one-at-a-time; if there are two builders, they will grow two-at-a-time, etc. -- People could set up build lists (as opposed to server layouts), and the building could start as soon as a builder gets near them.

So... where's the source Smile ?
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:40 pm

whats ur xfire or msn linux and we can work on it together
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:50 pm

a solution to the GUID problem?! i really wish you two luck!

i havent seen the new server, but i hope its not like litox described for long. the biggest flaw i can see is the devolve option.
Back to top Go down
doublehex
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
doublehex

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:38 pm

things are fixed up on the qvm
Back to top Go down
Dr.Mario.
Private 2
Private 2
Dr.Mario.

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:37 am

I like the tyrant wall walk idea but the screen doesn't move with the tyrant it just stays in 1 place i mean wall walking tyrant is awsome but with the way it is now it sucks.

hopfully hex can fix this and make tyrants the best thing ever!

thx Dr.Mario
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am

Tyrant wallwalking (TWW) is exaggeratedly gay.

Do you know how frustrating it is when a single tyrant comes to your base, destroys 4 rets in SD, it becomes relatively weak, you chase him with your chainsuit and eventually it goes away because it wallwalked the bunker??

Even though it looks great, I think TWW should be only used in devmap or any other time, but not in normal games.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Mario.
Private 2
Private 2
Dr.Mario.

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 am

Litox you have a good point tww should only be a devmap thing. otherwise it will wreck the game completly and everybody will want aliens.

Dr.Mario
Back to top Go down
BugHumanRoot
Admin

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:24 am

linux26 wrote:
Sorry I haven't been online for quite a while, had work to do.

Anyway, I saw that Bug added a new QVM to the server. Since I am a programmer myself, I thought I'd have a look at this.

I think I might have the solution for the never-ending stories of GUID problems, such as "if I put trem on my USB drive and move to another computer, the server will stop seeing my admin".

Another thing that I'd like to implement would be "planned-to-be" buildings. In other words, the builder can plant several "planned-to-be" buildings around, with no time restriction in-between. They DO NOT start growing or even appear until they get their turn. In order to "get their turn", a builder must necessarily be near them. If one builder is near them, they will grow one-at-a-time; if there are two builders, they will grow two-at-a-time, etc. -- People could set up build lists (as opposed to server layouts), and the building could start as soon as a builder gets near them.

So... where's the source Smile ?

I know the fix for your GUID problem, go to your "hidden" trem folder in your appdata. Copy your qkey file, thats your guid, thats how the server recognizes you. You can also give this qkey file to others, have them put it in ther efolder, and the server think they are you. It's actually quite simple....
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:02 pm

here's my situation.

i play trem at a public library. the library restricts access to the C:\ drive and so i play tremulous using a flash drive. every time i switch computers (for, after all, it is a public library and other people use the computers), servers on which i have registered tell me that "The name 'Memory' belongs to an admin".

so first of all if the solution involves access to the C:\ drive, i cant use it. second, im not very good with computer terms and files and such, so i may need clarification.

what is my qkey file called, where is it located, and what does its icon look like? you said that my qkey is my GUID. so does that mean the qkey is the executable file that has the black dretch icon which i have named GUID? also, where is my "appdata".
Back to top Go down
BugHumanRoot
Admin

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

seb0910 wrote:
here's my situation.

i play trem at a public library. the library restricts access to the C:\ drive and so i play tremulous using a flash drive. every time i switch computers (for, after all, it is a public library and other people use the computers), servers on which i have registered tell me that "The name 'Memory' belongs to an admin".

so first of all if the solution involves access to the C:\ drive, i cant use it. second, im not very good with computer terms and files and such, so i may need clarification.

what is my qkey file called, where is it located, and what does its icon look like? you said that my qkey is my GUID. so does that mean the qkey is the executable file that has the black dretch icon which i have named GUID? also, where is my "appdata".

The Qkey file is in the C:/ drive in the users section, i dont know, being a public library and all, if you can even get into the file, and if you did somehow, and someone else played off that computer in the library, they would have your admins :-/ so i need clearance before i further explain how to go about doing this.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:12 pm

the only other person who plays trem at this library is my brother, who doesnt really play anymore. and i am currently unable to find a way to access the C:\ drive =[
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New QVM Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Re: New QVM Complaints   New QVM Complaints Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New QVM Complaints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters :: Important Info :: Admin Stuff-
Jump to: