{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

Some abuse issues and admin commands

Go down 
+4
{ACR}Chris
null
Atlantis
:Lad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Some abuse issues and admin commands 23818192

Some abuse issues and admin commands Empty
PostSubject: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:45 pm

i just started recently thinking of this and thought i should like this to be clarified.

first of all, i believe, i /callvote mute predaking, and everyone hates him in general ok? well susie seems to think because that passed, it was abuse for the fact that he doesn't deserve it. is that not how democracy and voting works? if everyone feels to vote yes their must be some reason for it. so she /callvote unmutes him with passvote if i recall. it doesnt seem to bother me because he finally shut up, but still its the principle of it.

if i could get this clarified as well, if someone is being rude and obnoxious, is it safe to !mute if were reading whats going on first hand or do we still have to just /callvote mute? (seperate occasion than the one before)

also the other day, a little problem had occured while i was aliasing. brine was online and i hadn't seen anything going on except for ratgirl and reachel basically egging on the guys like hellz and some other guy to make dirty jokes at them. it seemed unneccessary to do anything because they were all going along with it and then brine just /callvote kicks the one guy that i dont remember and passvotes it so fast. his reason was like spam and rude slurs or something. i still think he went a little far with passvote kicking and i could have muted but i never saw much of any real problem.

would the mute have been the better way to go?
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Some abuse issues and admin commands 87495687

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 pm

I agree with you lad. I never kick anyone except if they team switch 3 times and ive told them to stop. or if they decon or are botting but never for comments. those people should just be muted.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:09 pm

i personally would just mute them, or call a mute and mute them if it doesnt pass because the people on the server may be too dumb to mute someone that needs muting. but i would like to see what bug says about this
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:15 pm

seb0910 wrote:
i personally would just mute them, or call a mute and mute them if it doesnt pass because the people on the server may be too dumb to mute someone that needs muting. but i would like to see what bug says about this
agreed
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:43 pm

thank you, that's why I brought it up
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Chris
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:41 pm

susie is just like.... like............... like................ like............... well its hard to explain but you get my point
Back to top Go down
Longshot
Private 2
Private 2
Longshot

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 pm

I believe someone described it as "PMS mode stuck in the on position"
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:34 am

actually now that i've read the first part, i want to say that i agree that you muted predaking because nobody likes him (i've seen similar reactions to "Yellowman") but this situation happens all too often to people that dont deserve it. democracy doesnt usually apply to the unlimited server because of the numerous silent noobs that occupy it. i have been muted and kicked because some retard calls the vote for a retarded reason (e.g. BLOCK ME), and noobs probably think "eh what the hell, F1" (i know becuase i used to do that), and this shouldnt happen on the servers. now if predaking DID deserve the mute, and susie is just retarded for thinking he doesnt deserve it, i would understand. but like i said, i've seen this happen before to people that dont deserve it.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:22 pm

:Lad wrote:
i just started recently thinking of this and thought i should like this to be clarified.

first of all, i believe, i /callvote mute predaking, and everyone hates him in general ok? well susie seems to think because that passed, it was abuse for the fact that he doesn't deserve it. is that not how democracy and voting works? if everyone feels to vote yes their must be some reason for it. so she /callvote unmutes him with passvote if i recall. it doesnt seem to bother me because he finally shut up, but still its the principle of it.

if i could get this clarified as well, if someone is being rude and obnoxious, is it safe to !mute if were reading whats going on first hand or do we still have to just /callvote mute? (seperate occasion than the one before)

also the other day, a little problem had occured while i was aliasing. brine was online and i hadn't seen anything going on except for ratgirl and reachel basically egging on the guys like hellz and some other guy to make dirty jokes at them. it seemed unneccessary to do anything because they were all going along with it and then brine just /callvote kicks the one guy that i dont remember and passvotes it so fast. his reason was like spam and rude slurs or something. i still think he went a little far with passvote kicking and i could have muted but i never saw much of any real problem.

would the mute have been the better way to go?
OK this topic's probably old by now, but here's my $0.05.

/callvote poll/mute/kick are to be used as a way for admins to justify their actions in front of the other admins and in front of the players in the server. As for BRINEF's callvote kick + passvote, that was pure abuse. Don't do that ever again. As for !mute, you probably *can* use it directly against someone that's taking personal attacks at you in order to cool them off, but sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't - and if you do that, please DO warn them that you have admin and that you're going to !mute if they continue.

As a general rule, if you're not sure whether something is abuse or not, imagine that one of the players in the server is BugHuman and that he is watching you. If you wouldn't do something in front of BugHuman, don't do it at all.
Back to top Go down
F15
Private 2
Private 2
F15

PostSubject: Abuse?   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 pm

About the passvote. The reason for it was sexual comments. Me and several others player asked him to stop. I gave him a generous 5 warnings. Then tried muting 3 times and he was immune or something because it didn't do anything. So next option was kick. If I had known lad was on I would've asked for the !mute cmd but doubt it would've worked. I apoligize if this appears to be abuse to anyone and I will next time console another ACR member about it first.
Sincerly,
Brine.
P.S How would I handle this in the future?
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Next time if someone is making comments like that, the general group of people in the server are probably not agreeing with it, therefore a more responsible thing to do is to callvote mute him. He does not necessarily deserve to be kicked because he did no actually disruption to the game itself and shutting him up would end the problem period. Now if he started to decon then you would have to kick him for sure, but that's because he's doing it out of spite in being muted. Just avoid passvoting anything, it only really makes an admin look more and more like an abusive tyrant (no matter what level of power).
Back to top Go down
F15
Private 2
Private 2
F15

PostSubject: safsdf   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 am

i tried callvote mute it passed but didnt do anything. then what?
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:56 pm

i must not have been around when you tried to mute him cuz all i remember was you reacting firstly to kicking him. well he should have been able to mute and if he was somehow immune, then he needs to lose that admin level and you should post some proof of a reason why in the forum (screenshot)
Back to top Go down
F15
Private 2
Private 2
F15

PostSubject: vxczvxc   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

I dont have a screenshot but you take one with f9? Next time I will defenitely take one ty.
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:10 pm

f11
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Longshot
Private 2
Private 2
Longshot

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 pm

/bind p screenshotjpeg
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:45 pm

well brine you said you where on a mac try apple shift 4 then click and drag.
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:38 pm

The tremulous default screenshot key is always f11.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:12 pm

i unbinded it cause i just use alt prt screen Razz
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:23 pm

i think i unbinded mine and rebinded it to something else with the code to take out all the letters and what not so that its completely clear. cept i forgot what the key was Razz
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm

:Lad wrote:
i think i unbinded mine and rebinded it to something else with the code to take out all the letters and what not so that its completely clear. cept i forgot what the key was Razz
lol
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Chris
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

/bindlist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some abuse issues and admin commands   Some abuse issues and admin commands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some abuse issues and admin commands
Page 1 of 1