{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

The Power of 'callvote'...

Go down 
+4
null
peebrain
BugHuman
{ACR}Lito?>S
8 posters

Are you OK with this? (Read first before answering)
Yus
The Power of 'callvote'... Vote_lcap59%The Power of 'callvote'... Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Naw
The Power of 'callvote'... Vote_lcap41%The Power of 'callvote'... Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

The Power of 'callvote'... Empty
PostSubject: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:29 am

...is beyond all of us. Including Bug.

So, if someone wants to kick Bug (for example), and vote (poll) passes, he should kick himself, because democracy pwns us all.

So stop whining 'bout admins getting kicked.

P.S.: The only vote that must not be allowed is "ban ".
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:04 pm

if i get kicked whoever kicks me is an auto 0
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
peebrain
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
peebrain

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:20 pm

polls do not rule the game

if someone calls a vote to kick you and it passes will you kick yourself? lito ask yourself that question
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 pm

BugHuman wrote:
if i get kicked whoever kicks me is an auto 0

See? That's exactly what I mean.

You being the clan owner doesn't exclude you of being kicked in any way. That title is blinding you, my friend. And I'm here to point that out. Very Happy

peebrain wrote:
polls do not rule the game

if someone calls a vote to kick you and it passes will you kick yourself? lito ask yourself that question

Are you stupid? When I say no one is excluded, I mean NO ONE.

BTW, remember when you callvoted to mute me? What did I do?
Yeah, I muted myself in case you don't remember. And when you got muted (because poll owned you) you just unmuted yourself.

Is hypocrisy your everyday bread?

Edit: Player's opinions DO rule the game.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

The Power of 'callvote'... 23818192

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 pm

unfortunately litox, you are neglecting one thing: bug is the server owner, therefore he can do whatever he wants.

for a server to work it is crucial that someone maintains absolute control. we who do not have absolute control must seek to convince the one with power to change things to best suit us. now bug can ignore us or listen to us, each having its own results. if he doesn't, and we arent happy, we wont play on the server. if he does and we are happy, the server lives.

i feel that callvote is a good and bad thing in different ways, but it is not an absolute power.

incidentally, did you (as in you all) know that you cant make everyone happy?
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm

I agree with memory
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:18 pm

I couldn't help noticing that some of us are (really) confused about the definitions of certain concepts, so let's have a quick recap, shall we?

Player: One moral entity, generally identified by one IP address and/or one GUID. The player has the liberty to choose the server he wants to connect to.

Server Owner: Quite the <GOD> within the server, he is the legal owner of the server. He can do whatever he wants as no rules regulate his behaviour. Nevertheless, the same way he has the liberty of regulating/managing/administering the server the way he wants to, players have the liberty of simply not connecting to his server, so a bad server owner generally results into an empty server. In most cases, the Server Owner makes players aware (by the means of a forum, !cp, in-server chat, etc.) of his own policy relative to the behaviour that players should have upon connecting his server, thereby defining what is acceptable and what is not.

Server Administrator: Human beings have certain basic and more complex needs, as well as different activities they want/need to perform. Therefore, the Server Owner cannot be on the server all the time. Instead, he picks some players that he considers trusted and delegates to them the task of administering the server. They are an extension of his authority and their task is to regulate the server through the policy set by the Server Owner. A failure to do so from them may result into a loss of confidence, and further, the removal of the Server Administrator status.

Now that I'm pretty much through with the general definitions, let's see about the "ACR Unlimited" server about which it is question in this thread. BugHuman is the Server Owner. We can see that his server policy is generally satisfying to the players, as it has a good number-of-players average. He also seems to have picked the correct people (in most cases) to delegate to the executive task of Server Administrator, for the same reason as stated above.

Just my $0.05.

Last edited by linux26 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer error)
Back to top Go down
peebrain
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
peebrain

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 pm

{ACR}Lito?>S wrote:

BTW, remember when you callvoted to mute me? What did I do?
Yeah, I muted myself in case you don't remember. And when you got muted (because poll owned you) you just unmuted yourself.

Yes i unmuted myself, but i also muted myself, and only unmuted myself after you unmuted yourself.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Mario.
Private 2
Private 2
Dr.Mario.

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:05 am

sorry guys for the confusion but i ment to vote yus ok? in other words i voted no even though i wanted to vote yus.
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:00 am

Oh wow, you ALL missed two very important words in my original post:

'FOR EXAMPLE'

I'm not talking specifically 'bout Bug but ALL of US. Admins.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:08 am

Well, yes, I'd say that the server is mostly run by callvotes, and that Server Administrators are supposed to do whatever the callvotes say unless complying with the callvotes would be against the guidelines/policy given by the Server Owner.

In the case that a /callvote kick is run against ACR administrator, the administrator should be able to act out of self-defense and cancel the kick -- the affair must be further investigated in order to see who is right and who is wrong; for example, if a big group of assclowns connects to the server, gains the majority and start callvote kick-ing everyone, well I think the admin has the right to cancel them.

We are all waiting impatiently for Bug's stance on this, as he dictates the local policy.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:59 pm

{ACR}Lito?>S wrote:

'FOR EXAMPLE'

well you picked a bad example, for as i explained above, bug can do whatever he wants.

admins are effectively a police force, and if a law is publicly protested (ie a callvote), or rioted (an invalid callvote), admins must keep the protestors (players) in check until the lawmakers (ie the same admins on forums) can settle it out (by appealing to bug). if not, people could do what linux described, known as a server hijack.
Back to top Go down
Kilo
Private 2
Private 2
Kilo

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 pm

im gunna have to agree with seb and another thing if someone on the server trys to kick an ACR member we should not let it happen unless there is some really valad reason for why and if none come up when we ask then no action will be taken bounce
Back to top Go down
{ACR}Lito?>S
Private 2
Private 2
{ACR}Lito?>S

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:01 am

seb0910 wrote:
{ACR}Lito?>S wrote:

'FOR EXAMPLE'

well you picked a bad example, for as i explained above, bug can do whatever he wants.

admins are effectively a police force, and if a law is publicly protested (ie a callvote), or rioted (an invalid callvote), admins must keep the protestors (players) in check until the lawmakers (ie the same admins on forums) can settle it out (by appealing to bug). if not, people could do what linux described, known as a server hijack.

It's not a bad example. I chose Bug as it because I wanted to reinforce the idea that NO ONE is excluded.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The Power of 'callvote'... 87495687

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:44 am

Ya I know this post is old but I want to put my opinion up here.

Should we do what a poll says? If its a kick poll no other wise we wouldn't have a whole separate command to kick people with.

As for Bug and kicking him... Think about it that's like making a rule for a country that EVERYONE has to live on the ground and your trying to enforce this with God... doesn't sound smart to me. Also you must understand that your rule only really applies to that country. So really you must understand that this idea of yours has boundaries and limits as any other.

Here is another example You are the president and as president you can command a army and most of the government. So just remember you where ELECTED and already voted for. Then if we followed what your rule is. This is what would happen. All of a sudden some hobo on the streets says he can do a better job. A walking business man says ya sure I vote for you then the hobo says that the end of the vote 2 to 0 I win. With your rule you would be kicked out and a hobo would run the place.

So lets recap you where Voted for therefor elected. Then a hobo starts a poll with a passing businessman and hobo wins you lose and get kicked out.

So just know rules have to have limits and boundaries.

Also ubp is full of fake kick votes (Really polls).
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm more of a dictator.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:59 pm

BugHuman wrote:
I'm more of a dictator.
lol old thread

edit: atlantis' fault actually
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Atlantis wrote:

Linux Notice how i even said that in my post
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Atlantis wrote:
Atlantis wrote:

Linux Notice how i even said that in my post
Protip: Saying "I know killing is a crime but I have to do this." before killing someone won't prevent you from getting judged for murder.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:49 pm

yes it will. you get judged for premeditated murder. much worse.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:00 pm

Atlantis wrote:
yes it will. you get judged for premeditated murder. much worse.
So I guess in your case it was premeditated posting-in-old-thread. much worse.
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm

yes internet forums and murder are so hard to tell apart that they are like brothers. (sarcasm)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Power of 'callvote'...   The Power of 'callvote'... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Power of 'callvote'...
Page 1 of 1