{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

New gametype: Rushmode!

Go down 
+2
Longshot
linux26
6 posters
AuthorMessage
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

New gametype: Rushmode! 23818192
New gametype: Rushmode! Empty
PostSubject: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 am

RUSHMODE

This requires a tiny bit of organization but it's really fun in the end, especially with a lot of people.

Setup: Start ATCS in devmap, /rcon g_devmapnostructdmg 1, build a DC in hall right at the bottom of the 2nd ramp on the human side, then build two floor trappers right at the bottom of the 2nd ramp on the alien side (you can decon egg at this point and trappers won't die because of g_devmapnostructdmg). Build more spawns in both teams. Aliens should also build themselves a booster. A player is designated as 'Game Director'. This player will announce Rush Time for the rest of the game.

Gameplay: The Game Director announces the Rush Time using !cp (by specifying the seconds component of the Rush Time). Both teams buy stuff/evolve and head for their corresponding marker (the DC for the humans, the two floor trappers for the aliens). At Rush Time, both teams simultaneously rush, effectively meeting in the middle of the hall. The team with no alive members loses (obviously enough). A dead player may not return into the battle zone (between the two markers) BEFORE the next Rush Time. Exiting the battle zone (the space between the two markers) is also disallowed. After victory is declared by the surviving team, the survivors do /kill in order to pick new guns/classes (if they desire to).

Warning: The amount of fun grows exponentially relative to the number of players involved.

Last edited by linux26 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Longshot
Private 2
Private 2
Longshot

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 pm

I used to do this all the time on the ACR scrim server...
Just made spawns at each end of the tunnel and just kept rushing..
!devmap ofc..
Back to top Go down
:Lad
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:35 pm

except this is planned in an organized fashion for everyone that's in the server. Also after each fight is over, the winners do /kill for the possibility to use a new weapon/evolution and to keep the opponents guessing. I would say the smaller the group playing, the closer the boundaries should be. If it's like 5 on 5 it should be the whole hallway.
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

It's like a makeshift version of capture the flag?
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:03 pm

more like capture the hall.

i wonder how well this would do outside the bunker
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

New gametype: Rushmode! 87495687

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:23 pm

we need to try Laughing
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:25 pm

:Lad wrote:

Interesting that you mention this, I was thinking of the same thing. The first thing that comes to my mind in this case is that humans must be banned from using jetpacks (for pretty obvious reasons). In an alternative version, the two teams could start off the top of the bunker instead from their respective bases and 'jump off' at Rush Time, which would leave the top of the bunker inaccessible for battle. We should really try these to see which work best.
Back to top Go down
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Atlantis wrote:
we need to try Laughing
Definitely. Going to setup 2nd server now, hope you guys join.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS DOUBLEPOST)
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:15 pm

linux26 wrote:
:Lad wrote:

Interesting that you mention this, I was thinking of the same thing. The first thing that comes to my mind in this case is that humans must be banned from using jetpacks (for pretty obvious reasons). In an alternative version, the two teams could start off the top of the bunker instead from their respective bases and 'jump off' at Rush Time, which would leave the top of the bunker inaccessible for battle. We should really try these to see which work best.

Wouldn't it be fair to say humans can use jet for purpose of accessing top of bunker quicker? Just obviously enough, they are considered disqualified if used for jetcamping out of range. I say this because aliens could easily just use goon and pounce across bunker to heal while human runs out of stamina. (I say this to use top of bunker as an option for battle, just an option), plus you'd probably wanna use give all for humans after jumping off bunker because your gonna lose some health a bit.

linux26 wrote:
Atlantis wrote:
we need to try Laughing
Definitely. Going to setup 2nd server now, hope you guys join.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS DOUBLEPOST)
adminFTW
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:40 am

Isn't this unfair for humans? I'm sure I've rants can take out five humans unless they're all pulse or luci and use nades.
Back to top Go down
BugHuman
General of the Army
General of the Army

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Nah, I played it, it isn't, Lin and I took down a rant with just helmet, light armour, and rifles.
Back to top Go down
http://AdminCrazyRioters.com
linux26
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
linux26

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:21 pm

BugHuman wrote:
Nah, I played it, it isn't, Lin and I took down a rant with just helmet, light armour, and rifles.
That's cause you're Bug!
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Stupid itouch made me typo.

I said five rants, not one, could easily take five humans down unless they have the stuff I said in my last post. I mean ofc one rant would lose to two humans, but five?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New gametype: Rushmode!   New gametype: Rushmode! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New gametype: Rushmode!
Page 1 of 1