{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{ACR} Admin Crazy Rioters

Tremulous Clan

Home  Portal  Latest images  Search  RegisterRegister  Server Information  IM BugHuman  TeamspeakTeamspeak  IRC  Log in  
All Testing Decisions Will Be Made By The Second In Commands.

{ACRit}IE admin application.

Go down 
+8
Atlantis
angrylemon
-theMbaude
Goober
vyrus@ubuntu
:Lad
null
{InternetExplorer}
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should I have It?
Yes
{ACRit}IE admin application. Vote_lcap80%{ACRit}IE admin application. Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
no
{ACRit}IE admin application. Vote_lcap20%{ACRit}IE admin application. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
{InternetExplorer}
Sergeant
Sergeant
{InternetExplorer}

{ACRit}IE admin application. Empty
PostSubject: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:59 am

Admin Wanted: 20
Current Admin: 15
Server: ACR Unlimited

Level 20 has many different commands but the ones that would be useful are !revert, !fbfon/!fbfoff, kick, and kill.

How I Would Use These Commands

!revert- People have been deconning more and more frequently and if u look at chrome's complaint or firefox's app you can see some deconners. There for if I got revert I would revet what has been deconned (after sd).then !kick the deconner.I think that this command goes well with !kick.

!fbfon/!fbfoff- I have noticed that there are more noob builders that like to build baracades around eggs or hives that block paths and doors. Just the other day I was a Tyrant and I couldn't get through a door because the were too many hives.Luckily Mbaud was there so he turned fbfon for me so I could get through.If I had fbfon I would do the same as Mbaud did for me.I would turn it on to help the people that have become (including me) just like Mbaud did for me.I would find this command
morr of an assistant command to free everyone.

!kick- I know if someone deconed the RC/OM I could /callvote kick " " then I could do !passvote but it would be so much easier to just do !kick " ".This would save more time to let me fix what the person has done.Kick is also a more efficent way to kick people who keep team switching after they have been warned 3 times, people who mute evade for being racist,and to kick people that have just started deconing some ones whole base including eggs/nodes,tubes/turrets/and OM/RC causing them to loose realy quickly.

Other Commands

The other commands I gain are !listmaps,!listlayouts,!lock/!unlock,!map,!lockall/!unlockall,!nrmlsd,ffon/ffoff,and !kill.!lockall/!unlockall,!lock/!unlock,!ffon/ffoff and kill don't need to be used on ACR Unlimited because it is not fair to lock the teams so no one can play and there aren't really any reasons to use !kill.!ffon/!ffoff isn't useful because the is no point in turning it on to hurt your team members.the only other command I might use would be !map because if someone called a poll to do a different map I could just do !map "ATCS".

This is a five level jump and it has been 3 weeks since my last app. Getting this would be getting 1 step closer to getting {ACR}.Please vote and leave your comments.

Last edited by InternetExplorer. on Wed May 26, 2010 7:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

{ACRit}IE admin application. 23818192

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:47 pm

i dont think you necessarily need those commands. !fbfon/off isn't that useful, only when you get stuck, and to me is really only a convenience. i think your reasoning for getting !kick is kinda weak, and you really don't need !kill, PLUS the rules don't state that you can't spawn kill (while we're on the subject, it also doesn't prevent spammers), i think that they are just annoying and the action is overall discouraged. And, you just got 15 like 2 weeks ago. most people wait atleast a month or two before asking for higher admin. I suggest either coming up with better reasoning for these commands or just apply for 18 like firefox.

oh and you didnt add a poll
Back to top Go down
{InternetExplorer}
Sergeant
Sergeant
{InternetExplorer}

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:33 am

Ok. Ty for the advice,I will try to come up with better reasons after school.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:34 am

seb0910 wrote:
i dont think you necessarily need those commands. !fbfon/off isn't that useful, only when you get stuck, and to me is really only a convenience. i think your reasoning for getting !kick is kinda weak, and you really don't need !kill, PLUS the rules don't state that you can't spawn kill (while we're on the subject, it also doesn't prevent spammers), i think that they are just annoying and the action is overall discouraged. And, you just got 15 like 2 weeks ago. most people wait atleast a month or two before asking for higher admin. I suggest either coming up with better reasoning for these commands or just apply for 18 like firefox.

Firefox waited 20 days for an 8 level jump were IE waited 21 days for a 5 level jump. I fail to see how you can hate on IE's smaller jump in a longer waited period than FF's higher jump in a shorter period.

Plus having revert and kick combined with already having buildlog, denybuild and warn is actually very useful. Just because he stated fbfon/off doesn't exactly help prove his case no more than firefox not having stated any reasoning for the listmaps, listlayouts, lock and unlock. Which he obviously does not need but it just comes with the levels. With this hes just trying to get kick to help speed up the revert and fixing process. I know this first hand the same myself.

I'm gonna vote yes considering it being your last level jump that you need if you are still {ACRit}.

Last edited by :Lad on Wed May 26, 2010 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{InternetExplorer}
Sergeant
Sergeant
{InternetExplorer}

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:46 am

Thank you lad.
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

{ACRit}IE admin application. 87495687

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:50 pm

same reasons as lad, plus i'd feel guilty after voting yes on fire and not on u ie
Back to top Go down
http://www.vyrus.zzl.org/
Goober
Private 2
Private 2

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Lad does make a point with the revert and buildlog commands. Also, I would suggest you hold off any more admin apps until you make ACR, and if that is soon, wait a little while longer. I vote F1. Admin responsibly, {ACR} Brand Fun! Don't drink and admin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I wasn't focusing so much on the level jump as I was the commands, but I guess the kick thing makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm

seb0910 wrote:
And, you just got 15 like 2 weeks ago. most people wait atleast a month or two before asking for higher admin. I suggest either coming up with better reasoning for these commands or just apply for 18 like firefox.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:24 pm

i dont get it
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

That's the part I was mainly going at, you were all like gung ho about firefox's app and basically hating ie's app which was close to the same length of waiting but actually a day extra and you say wait for like a month but you vote yes on firefox's app (hypocrisy) and not exactly against ie's but obviously not supporting it. Their was close to similair reasoning and just because he doesn't state everything about his cmds he gains does not mean we would should be oblivious as to what he's getting, why he would want them and how he would use them.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:43 pm

:Lad wrote:
you were basically hating ie's app... not exactly against ie's but obviously not supporting it.

which one was i doing? basically hating or neither against nor supporting?

and the way the app was written really convinced me for this. i read firefox's app, thought it was well-written and voted yes. IE's... well, basically it didnt sell too well with me, and these apps are basically lower level admins trying to persuade clan members to allow them more admin based on their arguments. im not against IE, i just didnt find that app persuading enough.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:57 pm

seb0910 wrote:
you were basically hating ie's app... not exactly against ie's but obviously not supporting it.

which one was i doing? basically hating or neither against nor supporting?

and the way the app was written really convinced me for this. i read firefox's app, thought it was well-written and voted yes. IE's... well, basically it didnt sell too well with me, and these apps are basically lower level admins trying to persuade clan members to allow them more admin based on their arguments. im not against IE, i just didnt find that app persuading enough.

You were hating on it without posting any decision, but it was OBVIOUS you were gonna say no. The only reason you didn't was cuz he didn't have a poll up at the time. And when someone says "not exactly against their app" does not mean "neither". It means you weren't entirely against it (because you didn't vote), just means you were totally against it up to that point.

I still say having kick with revert is important, because it only makes you do to much at one time with the callvote kick passvote crap and reverting before everyone destroys. only way that part is possible without kick is having pause which means you already have kick.
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:36 pm

there was a poll up when he first made the app......
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:28 am

idk i never noticed, memory said it like 45 minutes after ie originally posted everything. I didn't see his app till the next day so I'm not really sure on that.
Back to top Go down
vyrus@ubuntu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
vyrus@ubuntu

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:17 am

I saw it b4 anyone posted, read it, then thought to come back when ppl had comments so I could judge better. He had a poll up then...
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:03 am

Well I'll just say that the "state your reason" policy is to prevent people from just randomly voting. I vote no.
Back to top Go down
-theMbaude
Corporal
Corporal

{ACRit}IE admin application. 125be

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:19 am

seb0910 wrote:

Firefox waited 20 days for an 8 level jump were IE waited 21 days for a 5 level jump. I fail to see how you can hate on IE's smaller jump in a longer waited period than FF's higher jump in a shorter period.

Plus having revert and kick combined with already having buildlog, denybuild and warn is actually very useful. Just because he stated fbfon/off doesn't exactly help prove his case no more than firefox not having stated any reasoning for the listmaps, listlayouts, lock and unlock. Which he obviously does not need but it just comes with the levels. With this hes just trying to get kick to help speed up the revert and fixing process. I know this first hand the same myself.

I'm gonna vote yes considering it being your last level jump that you need if you are still {ACRit}.

The only thing is lad is that fire had 10. 10 is the automatic level for ACRit's. So basically even though it was two weeks ago, it's still his FIRST admin application, while IE already made a admin application for 15 which means that this is his SECOND app. Basically the whole two weeks thing with fire doesn't really count because it's his first admin app.
Back to top Go down
angrylemon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
angrylemon

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:51 pm

i voted yes, i think ie will be responsible and a good admin Very Happy

good luck ie Smile
Back to top Go down
angrylemon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
angrylemon

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Mad double post ftl

Last edited by angrylemon on Sat May 29, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:48 pm

angrylemon wrote:

good luck ie Smile

angrylemon wrote:

good luck ie Smile

why does he get 2 votes and I only get 1? Sad
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:53 pm

alebod wrote:
seb0910 wrote:

The only thing is lad is that fire had 10. 10 is the automatic level for ACRit's. So basically even though it was two weeks ago, it's still his FIRST admin application, while IE already made a admin application for 15 which means that this is his SECOND app. Basically the whole two weeks thing with fire doesn't really count because it's his first admin app.

considering it was his first admin app, i should have voted no then because almost jumpin 10 levels in only your first app is ridiculous to be honest. thats like snugg applying for 999 after coming back and having no admin level.

[edit]Actually, Firefox had applied for level 11 first, failed. Applied for level 10, which isn't exactly a guarantee, but he got it. So it wasn't actually his FIRST admin application. Just means IE's application had passed, where as Firefox's had failed.
Basically IE was just smarter about this. His first app was for level 10 unlike Firefox. So Firefox had to wait till his next app and by then, IE was able to post for another app and he did it very well. He just did this the smart way and Firefox finally learned from it, but I find him trying to like catch up because of his slip up in the beginning pretty ingenious cuz everyone seems to be acting like Firefox deserves it where as I've seen IE actually following the apps correctly and doing what the voters like and go with smaller jumps.

At least with IE's level 15 he gained, he was able to prove his ability with what admin he had and could use it as effectively as he could. Firefox couldn't really do that at level 10 and getting level 18-20, I feel like you should have some admin experience. Which is where the lower levels come into play.

What ever happened to people going one level at a time..

seb0910 wrote:
FF, i definitely suggest that you especially should start slow. unless you rapidly mature. which i doubt is possible.

That's what memory said to Firefox's level 11 app...LOL what happened there mem?
Back to top Go down
Atlantis
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:05 pm

considering it was his first admin app, i should have voted no then because almost jumpin 10 levels in only your first app is ridiculous to be honest. thats like snugg applying for 999 after coming back and having no admin level.

[edit]Actually, Firefox had applied for level 11 first, failed. Applied for level 10, which isn't exactly a guarantee, but he got it. So it wasn't actually his FIRST admin application. Just means IE's application had passed, where as Firefox's had failed.
Basically IE was just smarter about this. His first app was for level 10 unlike Firefox. So Firefox had to wait till his next app and by then, IE was able to post for another app and he did it very well. He just did this the smart way and Firefox finally learned from it, but I find him trying to like catch up because of his slip up in the beginning pretty ingenious cuz everyone seems to be acting like Firefox deserves it where as I've seen IE actually following the apps correctly and doing what the voters like and go with smaller jumps.

At least with IE's level 15 he gained, he was able to prove his ability with what admin he had and could use it as effectively as he could. Firefox couldn't really do that at level 10 and getting level 18-20, I feel like you should have some admin experience. Which is where the lower levels come into play.

What ever happened to people going one level at a time..

seb0910 wrote:
FF, i definitely suggest that you especially should start slow. unless you rapidly mature. which i doubt is possible.

That's what memory said to Firefox's level 11 app...LOL what happened there mem?

Wow I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
null
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:05 pm

seb0910 wrote:
unless you rapidly mature. which i doubt is possible.

LOL thats what happened there lad. just because i doubt something doesnt make it impossible, and his app clearly showed more maturity than i have previously seen from him.
Back to top Go down
{ACR}FireFox
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
{ACR}FireFox

Location : Some where in a remote valley deep in the Amazon rain forest.

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:11 am

Thank you memory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {ACRit}IE admin application.   {ACRit}IE admin application. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{ACRit}IE admin application.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next